A Message From Me to YOU...
Thank you for visiting the Urban Playology website!
I sincerely hope that you are considering us for your healing needs.
A southern girl at heart, my care & regard for the 'cultural melting pot' of young people, adults, and families in the D.C. Metropolitan area has been steadfast over the past 15 years.
And at some point, it came to me...
'Xanthia girl, you need to be the kind of therapist you'd want to see. You have to be the kind of therapist you'd want someone you love to be able to see.'
This affectionate affinity, the supreme embrace as I call it, is at the core of everything I do-be it honing a clinical skill, practicing my Spanish, frolicking in nature, or doing iphoneography.
It is always a privilege to bear witness to one's life story...so dope.
Becoming an expertly trained Mental Health Counselor & evolving a clinical practice as an "office without walls" has been such a beautiful experience so far.
Every day in the work, I am encouraged to be the change I want to see in the world.
On behalf of Urban Playology, we send you abundantly positive energy & we look forward to connecting with you soon.
My Professional Training & Credentials
- B.A., George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- M.A., Trinity Washington University, Washington, DC
- LPC No. 13968 (District of Columbia)
- LCPC No. 3075 (Maryland)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor Credential, Center for Global Education
- Attachment Certification, Adoptions Together
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor Credential, Association for Play Therapy
My Clinical Areas of Specialisation & Interest
- Pervasive Attachment & Development Trauma Issues
- Facilitating Resiliency In Children & Families Impacted By Foster Care
- Adult Children of Divorce
- Trauma-Focused Integrative Play Therapy
- Traumatic Grief & Loss Survivors
- LGBTQ Youth
- LGBTQ Couples & Families
- Children & Adolescents Impacted By Domestic Violence
Copyright 2014 Urban Playology.com. All rights reserved. All images©2014 Xanthia Johnson.