I’ve been told that Urban Playology is affirmatively ahead of the curve where healing is concerned. I’ve always been obsessed with social justice, with caring for humanity.
I’ve always held in me a deep belief in resilience, in the power of unconditional love, affirming acceptance & cultural connection. Ultimately, that’s what the gift of counseling offers me-the opportunity to live & manifest my beliefs. It’s been such a beautiful experience so far. My way of honoring the responsibility of being a black psychotherapist is through ongoing expert training. for over a decade. I’ve had the fortune of studying under top specialists at the Medical University of South Carolina for trauma resilience, most recently, at Georgetown. Creative arts and experiential sand tray therapy theory and techniques. movement & dance therapy in Senegal. I am also a certified curvy yoga teacher with an avid daily meditation practice.
I need to be the kind of therapist I’d want to see. I have to be the therapist i’d want a loved one to be able to see.
My Education & Credentials
- B.A., George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- M.A., Trinity Washington University, Washington, DC
- LPC-Licensed Professional Counselor (13968), District of Columbia
- LCPC-Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (3075), Maryland
- ACS-Approved Clinical Supervisor, Center for Global Education
- RPT-S-Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, Association for Play Therapy
3 Fun Facts About Me
- I once mistook Chinese hot mustard for yellow mustard, as a child.
- Followed my body compass to a butterfly farm once & I got to see the moment a butterfly left it’s chrysalis…it was glorious.
- I’m northernly born with decadent southern swirls.
- Bonus! The origin of my name is actually German (I know what you were thinking!)